I assume the cartoon on the Opinion page April 16 was our president: lips too big, chin too long and ears too big.
If the guns had been water guns those children in Newtown would not be dead.
- Letters to the Editor
- Racism still exists Editor: Racism still exists in this seemingly new age. Here we are clamoring to the idea that we have passed the needful times of fighting for civil rights and just treatment.
- Racism can work both ways Editor: “Racist” and “racism” are two ugly words that have been floating around in this nation for years and has come down heavy at times in certain situations because it was so.
- Thanks to festival olrganizers Editor: As this year comes to an end, I was reminiscing about the many festivals, car shows and fireworks we attended through the summer and fall.
- Turn your world around Turn your world around This is an open invitation to all those people who are caught up in the mixed-up, less-than-perfect world we live in. This is to all of those who live with their minds set on all of the things they don't like, don't have and se
- Help homeless veterans Editor: I recently read an article about homeless veterans. I remember when Danville Area Community College and Department of Veterans Affairs' campuses was a soldiers' home. There were no homeless veterans then. The veterans who lived there mowed th
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines