I want to commend Danville for a wonderful weekend event, the first annual Taste of Downtown Danville.
I attended it on Saturday as well as Sunday and it makes me proud to live in a town with so many genuinely friendly, helpful and dedicated volunteers and business owners!
The entertainment was very enjoyable, and I noticed once again that our downtown has a lot going for it!
I’d like to especially mention the Kickapoo Karvers, who were so kind to us and gave my granddaughter a little carved owl.
Also the Kids Kloset owners had a wonderful array of simple, enjoyable activities for the children and they were so kind, friendly and genuine.
We do have a great downtown and it’s getting even better with a new restaurant coming where Deluxe used to be and so many cool shops.
My husband and I recently visited St Charles Missouri while on vacation. It’s a tourist destination with a mile-long line of shops and unique dining, etc.
Our downtown could easily rival that with just a few more additions to it.
Positive, genuine and friendly people are all over our town and those of us who also are positive and friendly will be the ones blessed with noticing them.
- Letters to the Editor
- Dress code helps students focus Why is there so much fuss over uniforms in school?
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines