I urge everyone who lives in the boundaries of the Danville Public Schools to vote in the election on April 9, and vote for Lon Henderson, a person with outstanding qualifications to be a member of the Danville Public Schools Board of Education.
He has a bachelor’s and master’s degree in education from Illinois State University and has done extra study at EIU and the University of Illinois. Lon worked in education for more than 35 years with an emphasis in special education.
Lon Henderson has been very active in the Danville community; with memberships in the local AMBUCS, Rotary, a volunteer in Habitat for Humanity, a past president of Danville Light Opera and a member of the YMCA.
Lon is a man of integrity who is a positive consensus builder. He is available and an outstanding listener. Married, with two grown children who attended Danville Public Schools, Lon has great respect and concerns for public education.
Lon Henderson is a quiet, reflective person who will consider all points of view and help establish sound budget and educational principles for our children.
I am proud to support and vote for Lon Henderson for the Danville School Board.
William B. Black
- Letters to the Editor
- Help homeless veterans Editor: I recently read an article about homeless veterans. I remember when Danville Area Community College and Department of Veterans Affairs' campuses was a soldiers' home. There were no homeless veterans then. The veterans who lived there mowed th
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines