I urge everyone who lives in the boundaries of the Danville Public Schools to vote in the election on April 9, and vote for Lon Henderson, a person with outstanding qualifications to be a member of the Danville Public Schools Board of Education.
He has a bachelor’s and master’s degree in education from Illinois State University and has done extra study at EIU and the University of Illinois. Lon worked in education for more than 35 years with an emphasis in special education.
Lon Henderson has been very active in the Danville community; with memberships in the local AMBUCS, Rotary, a volunteer in Habitat for Humanity, a past president of Danville Light Opera and a member of the YMCA.
Lon is a man of integrity who is a positive consensus builder. He is available and an outstanding listener. Married, with two grown children who attended Danville Public Schools, Lon has great respect and concerns for public education.
Lon Henderson is a quiet, reflective person who will consider all points of view and help establish sound budget and educational principles for our children.
I am proud to support and vote for Lon Henderson for the Danville School Board.
William B. Black
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines