I urge everyone who lives in the boundaries of the Danville Public Schools to vote in the election on April 9, and vote for Lon Henderson, a person with outstanding qualifications to be a member of the Danville Public Schools Board of Education.
He has a bachelor’s and master’s degree in education from Illinois State University and has done extra study at EIU and the University of Illinois. Lon worked in education for more than 35 years with an emphasis in special education.
Lon Henderson has been very active in the Danville community; with memberships in the local AMBUCS, Rotary, a volunteer in Habitat for Humanity, a past president of Danville Light Opera and a member of the YMCA.
Lon is a man of integrity who is a positive consensus builder. He is available and an outstanding listener. Married, with two grown children who attended Danville Public Schools, Lon has great respect and concerns for public education.
Lon Henderson is a quiet, reflective person who will consider all points of view and help establish sound budget and educational principles for our children.
I am proud to support and vote for Lon Henderson for the Danville School Board.
William B. Black
- Letters to the Editor
- Dress code helps students focus Why is there so much fuss over uniforms in school?
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines