I would like to ask for your support for Janis Ostiguy for alderman in Ward 5 in Danville.
I met Jan two years ago, and have been impressed with her boundless energy working within several venues for the betterment of conditions in Danville.
As a respected member of the medical community, “Nurse Jan” has cultivated friendships with people in need throughout Danville.
As a native, Jan grew up in Danville, played on the near west side, and suffered through a learning curve that keeps her in tight with the needs of “her” people.
If you are in Ward 5, please support Janis. If you are not in Ward 5, please encourage your representatives to work with her in the future to “Make It Happen” in Danville.
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Enough is enough Editor: Whatever happened to the pay as you go and pay for what you use form of a payment? The current Danville City Council has some members who do not listen to the voters who elected them. They can only listen to the cry of the money-hungry monste
- Use different marriage licenses Editor: Politicians need guidance. Give incumbent opponents a chance.
- Support locally owned businesses Support locally owned businesses Editor: Pet World has been in Danville as the local pet store for 37 years. We have seen the economy go up and down. We have always tried to stock the best products, and the best pets and fish that we could get. We al
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines