We, the people of downstate Illinois, should petition to have everything north of Interstate 80 declared a state unto itself.
We feel we are being penalized because of what happens in the northern part of the state. All rules, laws and regulations seem to pertain to the greater good of Chicago and the surrounding cities.
Make us separate with our own governor and laws to rule without the interference of the northern part of Illinois interacting with the southern part of Illinois. If we were separate, the conceal carry for gun act and the casino for Danville would have been in effect already.
If anyone would like a petition, you may e-mail me at email@example.com.
- Letters to the Editor
- Son does well at Libert Son does well at Liberty Editor: My son, Nathaniel, attends school at Liberty Elementary School. He has been there for two years now. He came to Liberty in second grade after kindergarten in East Park and first grade at Edison. He is now in the four
- Races charge too much Editor: Runners and walkers must beware this summer. Some 5K (3.1 mile) fundraising events will again be way overcharging. Most are put on for good causes, but it’s not a good cause to overcharge people for something they sweat for.
- Fight the proposed coal mine Fight the proposed coal mine Editor: In a single issue of St. Joseph's The Leader, dated March 5, one can find four events listed that testify to our love of the natural world: a bird walk, a lecture on freshwater mussels, a pre-K event at Homer Lake
- Searching for answers Searching for answers Editor: I'm certainly not saying the city's firefighters don't need or deserve an increase of funds, but I would like to better understand why. Why do they feel they need more personnel than the national average of 1.04 per 1000
- Advocate will be missed Editor: We at Community Blood Services of Illinois are saddened by the recent death of Patricia Black, a wonderful and dedicated employee who was known to a generation of local blood donors. Pat was a tireless advocate for the Danville Elks Blood Ban
- Social workers earn praise Editor: March was National Social Work month. The 2014 theme was "All People Matter." I personally want to say "thank you" to the social workers. I am a registered nurse and have worked in many different health care settings from acute hospital care
- Neighborhood going downhill Editor: Home owners and the few good rentals of southeast Danville are concerned about Fair Oaks in their neighborhood. Well, wake up people. Unless you have been in a coma or frozen for the past five years or more, these kinds of people and many wor
- Cut the fat first Editor: Yes, the taxpayers understand the budget needs to be balanced. I would like to know why every time Danville faces a budget problem it's always the fire department that is considerred for cuts. It's never the police, street department or high-
- Farming and mining 'progress' Farming and mining 'progress' Editor: In an advertisement in the Sidell Reporter, Sunrise Coal "salutes the dedication and hard work of the American Farmer," and is "proud to be part of Vermilion County Progress." Farming and coal mining have no "pr
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines