KINGMAN, Ind. —
President Obama has said he will back the legalizing of same-sex marriage. Why?
This lifestyle isn’t right, never has been or will be, so why legalize something that isn’t right from the start?
It isn’t right or legal for us to steal from each other, and I consider this as a matter of stealing from God.
In the Bible there are two stories, in Genesis 19:1-16 and Judges 19:15-30, and it tells about a man in each city inviting male travelers to stay at their house overnight so they don’t have to stay in the street.
In both stories, the actions of the men of the city create a dangerous situation at the door of the host because they want to know the travelers.
In the first story the travelers are two messengers from God who have to use a kind of power weapon to settle the situation down.
In the second story, the traveler’s concubine is pushed out the door and sacrificed to the men to use.
She’s found dead at the doorstep the next morning.
In Genesis, two cities are destroyed after Lot, his wife, two daughters and the messengers escape the city even though some of the family had to be left behind because they didn’t buy Lot’s warning about what was going to happen to the city.
I think there’s a warning in both stories.
Watch who you’re messing with or whose toes stepping on because the consequences can be bad. There’s also Romans 1:1-32 that has warnings.
KINGMAN, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines