KINGMAN, Ind. —
President Obama has said he will back the legalizing of same-sex marriage. Why?
This lifestyle isn’t right, never has been or will be, so why legalize something that isn’t right from the start?
It isn’t right or legal for us to steal from each other, and I consider this as a matter of stealing from God.
In the Bible there are two stories, in Genesis 19:1-16 and Judges 19:15-30, and it tells about a man in each city inviting male travelers to stay at their house overnight so they don’t have to stay in the street.
In both stories, the actions of the men of the city create a dangerous situation at the door of the host because they want to know the travelers.
In the first story the travelers are two messengers from God who have to use a kind of power weapon to settle the situation down.
In the second story, the traveler’s concubine is pushed out the door and sacrificed to the men to use.
She’s found dead at the doorstep the next morning.
In Genesis, two cities are destroyed after Lot, his wife, two daughters and the messengers escape the city even though some of the family had to be left behind because they didn’t buy Lot’s warning about what was going to happen to the city.
I think there’s a warning in both stories.
Watch who you’re messing with or whose toes stepping on because the consequences can be bad. There’s also Romans 1:1-32 that has warnings.
KINGMAN, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Dress code helps students focus Why is there so much fuss over uniforms in school?
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines