KINGMAN, Ind. —
President Obama has said he will back the legalizing of same-sex marriage. Why?
This lifestyle isn’t right, never has been or will be, so why legalize something that isn’t right from the start?
It isn’t right or legal for us to steal from each other, and I consider this as a matter of stealing from God.
In the Bible there are two stories, in Genesis 19:1-16 and Judges 19:15-30, and it tells about a man in each city inviting male travelers to stay at their house overnight so they don’t have to stay in the street.
In both stories, the actions of the men of the city create a dangerous situation at the door of the host because they want to know the travelers.
In the first story the travelers are two messengers from God who have to use a kind of power weapon to settle the situation down.
In the second story, the traveler’s concubine is pushed out the door and sacrificed to the men to use.
She’s found dead at the doorstep the next morning.
In Genesis, two cities are destroyed after Lot, his wife, two daughters and the messengers escape the city even though some of the family had to be left behind because they didn’t buy Lot’s warning about what was going to happen to the city.
I think there’s a warning in both stories.
Watch who you’re messing with or whose toes stepping on because the consequences can be bad. There’s also Romans 1:1-32 that has warnings.
KINGMAN, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- North Vermilion traffic a mess North Vermilion traffic a mess Editor: I live on Sonny Lane, which is a street on the east side of Vermilion Street and is between the traffic lights at Boiling Springs Road and the traffic light at Walmart. I am very happy to have Kohl's and Meijer
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines