KINGMAN, Ind. —
President Obama has said he will back the legalizing of same-sex marriage. Why?
This lifestyle isn’t right, never has been or will be, so why legalize something that isn’t right from the start?
It isn’t right or legal for us to steal from each other, and I consider this as a matter of stealing from God.
In the Bible there are two stories, in Genesis 19:1-16 and Judges 19:15-30, and it tells about a man in each city inviting male travelers to stay at their house overnight so they don’t have to stay in the street.
In both stories, the actions of the men of the city create a dangerous situation at the door of the host because they want to know the travelers.
In the first story the travelers are two messengers from God who have to use a kind of power weapon to settle the situation down.
In the second story, the traveler’s concubine is pushed out the door and sacrificed to the men to use.
She’s found dead at the doorstep the next morning.
In Genesis, two cities are destroyed after Lot, his wife, two daughters and the messengers escape the city even though some of the family had to be left behind because they didn’t buy Lot’s warning about what was going to happen to the city.
I think there’s a warning in both stories.
Watch who you’re messing with or whose toes stepping on because the consequences can be bad. There’s also Romans 1:1-32 that has warnings.
KINGMAN, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Enough is enough Editor: Whatever happened to the pay as you go and pay for what you use form of a payment? The current Danville City Council has some members who do not listen to the voters who elected them. They can only listen to the cry of the money-hungry monste
- Use different marriage licenses Editor: Politicians need guidance. Give incumbent opponents a chance.
- Support locally owned businesses Support locally owned businesses Editor: Pet World has been in Danville as the local pet store for 37 years. We have seen the economy go up and down. We have always tried to stock the best products, and the best pets and fish that we could get. We al
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines