This state is in a serious state of affairs. The governor and Senate Majority Leader have been in a fight for several years. Both are Democrats.
After the recent elections, the governor throws a large state employees’ union under the bus.
Pension funding is about to bankrupt state. Senate and House members meet for the lame duck session does the majority party take up the most pressing issue, state debt and pension funding? No. It decides to try to destroy our Second Amendment rights, approve same-sex marriage and give illegal aliens driver’s licenses.
Our state is now only the third state in the union to allow this. Every lawmaker who voted for this will now be responsible for giving more of a reason for people to violate immigration law. We already spend countless billions of dollars on Border Patrol operations. People die crossing the border after paying the cartels, who treat the people like cattle and leave many to die stranded in the desert or in stash houses.
When these illegal immigrants get here, there are no jobs. Where will the money to save them come from?
The blood of these people and the financial death of the state rests on the Illinois Senate and House who, by passing this bill, are spitting in the face of all persons who immigrated legally.
- Letters to the Editor
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines