This state is in a serious state of affairs. The governor and Senate Majority Leader have been in a fight for several years. Both are Democrats.
After the recent elections, the governor throws a large state employees’ union under the bus.
Pension funding is about to bankrupt state. Senate and House members meet for the lame duck session does the majority party take up the most pressing issue, state debt and pension funding? No. It decides to try to destroy our Second Amendment rights, approve same-sex marriage and give illegal aliens driver’s licenses.
Our state is now only the third state in the union to allow this. Every lawmaker who voted for this will now be responsible for giving more of a reason for people to violate immigration law. We already spend countless billions of dollars on Border Patrol operations. People die crossing the border after paying the cartels, who treat the people like cattle and leave many to die stranded in the desert or in stash houses.
When these illegal immigrants get here, there are no jobs. Where will the money to save them come from?
The blood of these people and the financial death of the state rests on the Illinois Senate and House who, by passing this bill, are spitting in the face of all persons who immigrated legally.
- Letters to the Editor
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines