This state is in a serious state of affairs. The governor and Senate Majority Leader have been in a fight for several years. Both are Democrats.
After the recent elections, the governor throws a large state employees’ union under the bus.
Pension funding is about to bankrupt state. Senate and House members meet for the lame duck session does the majority party take up the most pressing issue, state debt and pension funding? No. It decides to try to destroy our Second Amendment rights, approve same-sex marriage and give illegal aliens driver’s licenses.
Our state is now only the third state in the union to allow this. Every lawmaker who voted for this will now be responsible for giving more of a reason for people to violate immigration law. We already spend countless billions of dollars on Border Patrol operations. People die crossing the border after paying the cartels, who treat the people like cattle and leave many to die stranded in the desert or in stash houses.
When these illegal immigrants get here, there are no jobs. Where will the money to save them come from?
The blood of these people and the financial death of the state rests on the Illinois Senate and House who, by passing this bill, are spitting in the face of all persons who immigrated legally.
- Letters to the Editor
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines