COVINGTON, Ind. —
Let’s face it, with President Obama and Sen. Harry Reid, overspending is the only way they intend to go. They’re not concerned about you the taxpayers or anything that makes sense.
All economists agree we will see this country collapse in the very near future. And others all agree, and those who have a brain, you don’t spend more than you take in, period.
The Democratic philosophy is to tax more, borrow more and spend more. This program is not going to work. One other thing is surely clear.
The Democratic Party wants the fiscal cliff to fail and then everybody gets hit with more taxes and they get more to spend.
Their easy out, as usual, blame the Republicans, you know, the party that wants to reduce the overspending and the national debt.
President Obama never intended to address the debt problem in his first term, and it’s evident now it won’t happen in his second.
Go ahead, President Obama, tax us all and tax the rich and small business owners. I wouldn’t blame them if they all went to China. When they’re all gone, less money coming in, all the government giveaway programs won’t have the funds anymore.
Mr. President, you’ve done a lot of talk, but you still haven’t learned to walk.
Charles J. Matul
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Parking woes at civic center Editor:I enjoy going to the David S. Palmer Civic Center and really enjoy the Dashers games and I’m looking forward to the Riverhawks basketball team.Last fall, the city removed the three handicapped parking spaces on the south side of the center. I
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines