COVINGTON, Ind. —
While the school shooting in Connecticut is tragedy, many are rushing to take advantage of it.
The anti-gun crowd has came out of the woodwork. (Never let a good crisis go to waste.)
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg calls for more gun control, this while standing flanked by his armed guards. President Obama shows up and vows to do whatever he can to take guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens! One should wonder why a father would not be able to speak from the heart rather than from a written speech.
On the same day in China, a man stabbed 22 students. In Oregon, the mall shooter committed suicide when he was confronted by a armed person with a permit to carry.
In 1927, in Bath, Mich., a farmer blew up a school with his wife in it, killing 43 people. Timothy McVey used explosives to commit the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma, killing 158. These type of wackos will find other ways to do the Devil’s work.
We trust our children to the schools and the teachers but don’t allow them to arm themselves to protect them. I can’t help but wonder what would have happened if that had been the case in Connecticut.
There has been a continued effort by the Left to remove God from our schools and public life. Make no mistake about it, this is the work of the Devil and this coward was someone who couldn’t handle what life gave him.
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines