COVINGTON, Ind. —
While the school shooting in Connecticut is tragedy, many are rushing to take advantage of it.
The anti-gun crowd has came out of the woodwork. (Never let a good crisis go to waste.)
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg calls for more gun control, this while standing flanked by his armed guards. President Obama shows up and vows to do whatever he can to take guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens! One should wonder why a father would not be able to speak from the heart rather than from a written speech.
On the same day in China, a man stabbed 22 students. In Oregon, the mall shooter committed suicide when he was confronted by a armed person with a permit to carry.
In 1927, in Bath, Mich., a farmer blew up a school with his wife in it, killing 43 people. Timothy McVey used explosives to commit the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma, killing 158. These type of wackos will find other ways to do the Devil’s work.
We trust our children to the schools and the teachers but don’t allow them to arm themselves to protect them. I can’t help but wonder what would have happened if that had been the case in Connecticut.
There has been a continued effort by the Left to remove God from our schools and public life. Make no mistake about it, this is the work of the Devil and this coward was someone who couldn’t handle what life gave him.
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines