COVINGTON, Ind. —
While the school shooting in Connecticut is tragedy, many are rushing to take advantage of it.
The anti-gun crowd has came out of the woodwork. (Never let a good crisis go to waste.)
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg calls for more gun control, this while standing flanked by his armed guards. President Obama shows up and vows to do whatever he can to take guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens! One should wonder why a father would not be able to speak from the heart rather than from a written speech.
On the same day in China, a man stabbed 22 students. In Oregon, the mall shooter committed suicide when he was confronted by a armed person with a permit to carry.
In 1927, in Bath, Mich., a farmer blew up a school with his wife in it, killing 43 people. Timothy McVey used explosives to commit the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma, killing 158. These type of wackos will find other ways to do the Devil’s work.
We trust our children to the schools and the teachers but don’t allow them to arm themselves to protect them. I can’t help but wonder what would have happened if that had been the case in Connecticut.
There has been a continued effort by the Left to remove God from our schools and public life. Make no mistake about it, this is the work of the Devil and this coward was someone who couldn’t handle what life gave him.
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines