CISSNA PARK —
I had pictures of my baby taken at the local Sears store. I paid for them, but the portrait studio closed four days after my photos were taken.
Other Sears stores in Iowa and Kansas are printing CDs for customers so at least they will have their memories they have already paid for.
Many customers of the local store have been waiting and trying to get these precious memories.
I called the national Sears number several times, and I called a Sears store in Kansas and both told me it is the store manager’s decision whether or not to give us a CD of our photos that we have paid for but will never receive. However, the local Sears store will not even try to help us.
I appeal to the Danville Sears store. Please, follow in the footsteps of Iowa and Kansas Sears store.
Please help us and print our CDs. We trusted that when we walked into Sears that we were giving our money and our patronage to Sears, there was no clue anywhere that your studio was not a Sears Portrait Studio.
Please let these other Sears stores help you get our memories for all of your customers who have been loyal and spent hundreds of dollars at your store.
The national call line told me that each store’s manager has the choice, that it is not illegal. So, please, you have our money, please print us a CD. Call the Kansas Sears and they will tell you how.
CISSNA PARK —
- Letters to the Editor
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Beware of political speak Beware of political speakEditor:When a politician says that his or her policy is working, I want to know, “What is the policy?” and, “What is the cause and effect reasoning leading to a conclusion that the policy is working?” Of course, I never get a
- Don't raise minimum wage Don’t raise minimum wageEditor:I think the “powers that be” who set the minimum wage are literally “shooting themselves in the foot!”In the first place, a minimum wage for unskilled workers was never meant to support a family. It was meant to be a st
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines