WDAN allows Rush Limbaugh to spew propaganda daily without any balance.
There is a small number of highly rich and influential people who allow an uninformed and uneducated man to come into their homes daily and spew vicious lies.
Some time ago, I complained about this man’s attack on a young woman because he is not intelligent enough to know how a woman’s body work. He foolishly called her a slut and no one at WDAN said a word. He is on six days a week and he spews homophobic, racist and inaccurate info every day.
I have debated with many small town people around Danville — Covington, Georgetown, Hoopeston and others — who get this vile stuff and they repeat it as if it is gospel. That is a horrible precedent to set. Where does it end?
Many of you were in shock after President Obama won because you had listened to Rush Limbaugh’s lies. Fox News is no better. I refuse to believe responsible people can simply shrug this off and say if you do not like it, do not listen.
Unfortunately, we live in this society and if we think it is all right to slander women, our president and spew lies, then we are all condemned to falsehoods. Our public schools would never teach this, our universities would not do it and our small towns should not have to be subjected to it either.
Dump Rush Limbaugh.
Nate Cunningham Sr.
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines