WDAN allows Rush Limbaugh to spew propaganda daily without any balance.
There is a small number of highly rich and influential people who allow an uninformed and uneducated man to come into their homes daily and spew vicious lies.
Some time ago, I complained about this man’s attack on a young woman because he is not intelligent enough to know how a woman’s body work. He foolishly called her a slut and no one at WDAN said a word. He is on six days a week and he spews homophobic, racist and inaccurate info every day.
I have debated with many small town people around Danville — Covington, Georgetown, Hoopeston and others — who get this vile stuff and they repeat it as if it is gospel. That is a horrible precedent to set. Where does it end?
Many of you were in shock after President Obama won because you had listened to Rush Limbaugh’s lies. Fox News is no better. I refuse to believe responsible people can simply shrug this off and say if you do not like it, do not listen.
Unfortunately, we live in this society and if we think it is all right to slander women, our president and spew lies, then we are all condemned to falsehoods. Our public schools would never teach this, our universities would not do it and our small towns should not have to be subjected to it either.
Dump Rush Limbaugh.
Nate Cunningham Sr.
- Letters to the Editor
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines