WDAN allows Rush Limbaugh to spew propaganda daily without any balance.
There is a small number of highly rich and influential people who allow an uninformed and uneducated man to come into their homes daily and spew vicious lies.
Some time ago, I complained about this man’s attack on a young woman because he is not intelligent enough to know how a woman’s body work. He foolishly called her a slut and no one at WDAN said a word. He is on six days a week and he spews homophobic, racist and inaccurate info every day.
I have debated with many small town people around Danville — Covington, Georgetown, Hoopeston and others — who get this vile stuff and they repeat it as if it is gospel. That is a horrible precedent to set. Where does it end?
Many of you were in shock after President Obama won because you had listened to Rush Limbaugh’s lies. Fox News is no better. I refuse to believe responsible people can simply shrug this off and say if you do not like it, do not listen.
Unfortunately, we live in this society and if we think it is all right to slander women, our president and spew lies, then we are all condemned to falsehoods. Our public schools would never teach this, our universities would not do it and our small towns should not have to be subjected to it either.
Dump Rush Limbaugh.
Nate Cunningham Sr.
- Letters to the Editor
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines