WDAN allows Rush Limbaugh to spew propaganda daily without any balance.
There is a small number of highly rich and influential people who allow an uninformed and uneducated man to come into their homes daily and spew vicious lies.
Some time ago, I complained about this man’s attack on a young woman because he is not intelligent enough to know how a woman’s body work. He foolishly called her a slut and no one at WDAN said a word. He is on six days a week and he spews homophobic, racist and inaccurate info every day.
I have debated with many small town people around Danville — Covington, Georgetown, Hoopeston and others — who get this vile stuff and they repeat it as if it is gospel. That is a horrible precedent to set. Where does it end?
Many of you were in shock after President Obama won because you had listened to Rush Limbaugh’s lies. Fox News is no better. I refuse to believe responsible people can simply shrug this off and say if you do not like it, do not listen.
Unfortunately, we live in this society and if we think it is all right to slander women, our president and spew lies, then we are all condemned to falsehoods. Our public schools would never teach this, our universities would not do it and our small towns should not have to be subjected to it either.
Dump Rush Limbaugh.
Nate Cunningham Sr.
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- U.S. leaders breaking the law U.S. leaders breaking the lawDear Editor:I am wondering how many Americans are going to care about the disregard for our system of government President Obama exercised when he released five terrorists back into freedom. These released terrorists were
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines