COVINGTON, Ind. —
Your government is at work for you, spending billions on wasted programs.
One example, $27 million to Morocco to teach them pottery and other skills. A study on overweight lesbians cost $1.5 million. Another one, $947 million to come up with a food menu for Mars. A video about proms, $516 million. Another program funded for robotic squirrels. And again, funding for children’s reactions watching robots. Another, observing fish behavior. The list is endless of wasted billions.
There are $3.5 billions in taxes owed by federal employees, $5 billion owed by private contractors.
Remember Obamacare, with more than 2,000 pages? It is now more than 20,000 pages of regulations. This plan will cause a loss of jobs. Full time will be replaced to part time.
Business owners have to pay for his employees if they have more than 50 people on the payroll or they will be fined.
Sen. Paul Ryan released his budget recently, but President Obama said, “no way.”
As the president said, his quote, “I’m not going to balance the budget just for the sake of balance.”
It’s very apparent that his mindset is to add more to our national debt. No cuts. More spending. More taxes. Is this president working for the people? Definitely not. No way.
Charles J. Matul
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines