COVINGTON, Ind. —
Your government is at work for you, spending billions on wasted programs.
One example, $27 million to Morocco to teach them pottery and other skills. A study on overweight lesbians cost $1.5 million. Another one, $947 million to come up with a food menu for Mars. A video about proms, $516 million. Another program funded for robotic squirrels. And again, funding for children’s reactions watching robots. Another, observing fish behavior. The list is endless of wasted billions.
There are $3.5 billions in taxes owed by federal employees, $5 billion owed by private contractors.
Remember Obamacare, with more than 2,000 pages? It is now more than 20,000 pages of regulations. This plan will cause a loss of jobs. Full time will be replaced to part time.
Business owners have to pay for his employees if they have more than 50 people on the payroll or they will be fined.
Sen. Paul Ryan released his budget recently, but President Obama said, “no way.”
As the president said, his quote, “I’m not going to balance the budget just for the sake of balance.”
It’s very apparent that his mindset is to add more to our national debt. No cuts. More spending. More taxes. Is this president working for the people? Definitely not. No way.
Charles J. Matul
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines