COVINGTON, Ind. —
Your government is at work for you, spending billions on wasted programs.
One example, $27 million to Morocco to teach them pottery and other skills. A study on overweight lesbians cost $1.5 million. Another one, $947 million to come up with a food menu for Mars. A video about proms, $516 million. Another program funded for robotic squirrels. And again, funding for children’s reactions watching robots. Another, observing fish behavior. The list is endless of wasted billions.
There are $3.5 billions in taxes owed by federal employees, $5 billion owed by private contractors.
Remember Obamacare, with more than 2,000 pages? It is now more than 20,000 pages of regulations. This plan will cause a loss of jobs. Full time will be replaced to part time.
Business owners have to pay for his employees if they have more than 50 people on the payroll or they will be fined.
Sen. Paul Ryan released his budget recently, but President Obama said, “no way.”
As the president said, his quote, “I’m not going to balance the budget just for the sake of balance.”
It’s very apparent that his mindset is to add more to our national debt. No cuts. More spending. More taxes. Is this president working for the people? Definitely not. No way.
Charles J. Matul
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines