COVINGTON, Ind. —
Some of our government elite are now telling us there is no spending problem in Washington.
A recent poll of American voters say otherwise by a whopping 83 percent majority.
Rep. Nancy Pelosi was interviewed about the taxing the rich issue. She was asked if that was the end of the tax deals. She smiled and said, no, we’re just starting.
Remember when President Obama said your taxes won’t go up one thin dime? We payroll taxes just went up.
Remember when he said health care costs would go down with Obamacare? Premiums and prescriptions are up.
Seniors paid into the Medicare system from every check they earned to care for them in retirement.
Medicare costs will go up and a lot of procedures to be eliminated. Many who should have retired can’t due to the spiraling health care costs and have returned to the work force.
Thanks, President Obama.
Remember when he promised to end the lobbyists, special interest groups, pork barrel perks and change Washington?
After four years, nothing.
He doesn’t care about the national debt or Washington’s spending problem. This is the same man who, when he speaks, everyone believes him.
So much waste and no accountability.
His legacy to the younger generation will be the massive debt that they will pay for.
When will this insanity end? Probably never.
Charles J. Matul
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Help homeless veterans Editor: I recently read an article about homeless veterans. I remember when Danville Area Community College and Department of Veterans Affairs' campuses was a soldiers' home. There were no homeless veterans then. The veterans who lived there mowed th
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines