Why is it unacceptable to be meek in this country?
A low-spirited, mild-mannered man is constantly being described as strange and antisocial when he is just minding his own business.
Should a man have to learn to be outspoken and boastful to be tolerated in this society?
Peace is boredom to the wicked who shall not rest, and the meek shall inherit the earth, says the Bible.
The United States is based on the laws of the Bible, the words of God. Our society has become cowards, afraid to have gratitude for God’s grace, never believing that all you have came from somewhere other than yourself.
Life was a planned creation by God; the fool says there is no God.
The meek, well-rounded man keeps this country afloat while others try to hide their lack of intelligence behind folly every second of the day, not seeking correction and breeding with no plans of teaching the spawns of their poisonous loins moral values to become upright citizens, never to mature and turning into old fools.
Society is determined to allow those who lost their lives fighting for the freedom of peace to die in vain.
Good sense comes from heaven, so I’m not surprised to see children kill each other, nor am I sensitive to it because you allow your kids to act grown in the most sinful way and them seem stunned when they carry out the demonic rituals you’ve allowed them to learn.
This is a Christian country invaded by the weak-minded, controlled by the devil.
- Letters to the Editor
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines