COVINGTON, Ind. —
Seniors paid into Medicare on their first day of employment — this to care for them in retirement.
President Obama wants to cut $714 billion from Medicare. He has no concrete plan for the future of Medicare.
Vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan has a plan with presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Ryan said if you are on Medicare now, you stay on it as it is presently.
The second stage for future Medicare retirees has to change as the money isn’t there. Ryan has a plan for this, also. Obama does not.
So to my fellow seniors, don’t listen to the lies from the Obama camp. Vote for the team who has a plan and makes the most sense on the issues.
If you vote for President Obama, expect to pay more for Medicare with some medical procedures eliminated. And let’s not forget the appointed panel of 15 who decides on what medical procedures you will or won’t be entitled to. It’s your choice this election. I hope you make the right choice.
Charles J. Matul
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Parking woes at civic center Editor:I enjoy going to the David S. Palmer Civic Center and really enjoy the Dashers games and I’m looking forward to the Riverhawks basketball team.Last fall, the city removed the three handicapped parking spaces on the south side of the center. I
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines