In response to Mr. Cunningham’s recent letter, I dare to submit my opinions and beliefs because thousands have died making sure I have the right to do so, just like he have the right to rebuke them.
I have no intention of imposing my religious edicts on him or anyone else, so if he considered my opinions to be judgments don’t be concerned because it is not my judgments he or those who feel like him need to worry about.
I don’t know who he considers to be my followers, but if they are pro-life and believe in traditional marriage between a man and a woman, I am glad to have them on my side.
I would assume that being an old coach like him, there have been times when he had to speak up and convey to others that what they where doing went against his principles and ideas of how to be successful.
I don’t think this made him an intolerant person, just one who was trying to convey his particular idea of how to play the game to others.
I admit to him I am far from being a perfect Christian, but I do put a lot of importance on certain moral principles and will not apologize for expressing and promoting them. This being said, I also will not question his right to promote the beliefs and views he has.
I have tried to respond to his letter in a respectful manner without attacking him or anyone else. I feel this is the civil and courteous way for adults to communicate.
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines