COVINGTON, Ind. —
The election showed just how out of touch the average American is when it comes to how our government works. Today few realize or even have taken the time to understand how great our Constitution is and how it is supposed to work.
The presidents most responsible for its destruction are Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and now, for the final nail in its coffin, Barack Obama. Those who applauded this have never lived under any other form of government but are willing to toss away the best system ever devised to govern mankind.
Those who supported Obama the most are the very ones who will probably never understand they have been used to push through a agenda they won’t understand. This is how the Sal Alinsky rules for radicals works.
Will it benefit those who helped? More than likely not, they will be the ones who suffer most. Higher fuel costs, higher electricity rates, higher food costs, fewer jobs because of increased government regulations.
Do we really know what Obama’s vision for America is? His intentions are the take money from those who work for it and give it to those that don’t. He believes as Marx did. You just have to look at Russia and China as examples to see how well it has worked.
If Mitt Romney had won, capitalism would have exploded. I understand why this would make a Communist happy, but what about America?
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines