COVINGTON, Ind. —
The election showed just how out of touch the average American is when it comes to how our government works. Today few realize or even have taken the time to understand how great our Constitution is and how it is supposed to work.
The presidents most responsible for its destruction are Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and now, for the final nail in its coffin, Barack Obama. Those who applauded this have never lived under any other form of government but are willing to toss away the best system ever devised to govern mankind.
Those who supported Obama the most are the very ones who will probably never understand they have been used to push through a agenda they won’t understand. This is how the Sal Alinsky rules for radicals works.
Will it benefit those who helped? More than likely not, they will be the ones who suffer most. Higher fuel costs, higher electricity rates, higher food costs, fewer jobs because of increased government regulations.
Do we really know what Obama’s vision for America is? His intentions are the take money from those who work for it and give it to those that don’t. He believes as Marx did. You just have to look at Russia and China as examples to see how well it has worked.
If Mitt Romney had won, capitalism would have exploded. I understand why this would make a Communist happy, but what about America?
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines