COVINGTON, Ind. —
The election showed just how out of touch the average American is when it comes to how our government works. Today few realize or even have taken the time to understand how great our Constitution is and how it is supposed to work.
The presidents most responsible for its destruction are Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and now, for the final nail in its coffin, Barack Obama. Those who applauded this have never lived under any other form of government but are willing to toss away the best system ever devised to govern mankind.
Those who supported Obama the most are the very ones who will probably never understand they have been used to push through a agenda they won’t understand. This is how the Sal Alinsky rules for radicals works.
Will it benefit those who helped? More than likely not, they will be the ones who suffer most. Higher fuel costs, higher electricity rates, higher food costs, fewer jobs because of increased government regulations.
Do we really know what Obama’s vision for America is? His intentions are the take money from those who work for it and give it to those that don’t. He believes as Marx did. You just have to look at Russia and China as examples to see how well it has worked.
If Mitt Romney had won, capitalism would have exploded. I understand why this would make a Communist happy, but what about America?
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- U.S. leaders breaking the law U.S. leaders breaking the lawDear Editor:I am wondering how many Americans are going to care about the disregard for our system of government President Obama exercised when he released five terrorists back into freedom. These released terrorists were
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines