COVINGTON, Ind. —
The election showed just how out of touch the average American is when it comes to how our government works. Today few realize or even have taken the time to understand how great our Constitution is and how it is supposed to work.
The presidents most responsible for its destruction are Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and now, for the final nail in its coffin, Barack Obama. Those who applauded this have never lived under any other form of government but are willing to toss away the best system ever devised to govern mankind.
Those who supported Obama the most are the very ones who will probably never understand they have been used to push through a agenda they won’t understand. This is how the Sal Alinsky rules for radicals works.
Will it benefit those who helped? More than likely not, they will be the ones who suffer most. Higher fuel costs, higher electricity rates, higher food costs, fewer jobs because of increased government regulations.
Do we really know what Obama’s vision for America is? His intentions are the take money from those who work for it and give it to those that don’t. He believes as Marx did. You just have to look at Russia and China as examples to see how well it has worked.
If Mitt Romney had won, capitalism would have exploded. I understand why this would make a Communist happy, but what about America?
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Turn your world around Turn your world around This is an open invitation to all those people who are caught up in the mixed-up, less-than-perfect world we live in. This is to all of those who live with their minds set on all of the things they don't like, don't have and se
- Help homeless veterans Editor: I recently read an article about homeless veterans. I remember when Danville Area Community College and Department of Veterans Affairs' campuses was a soldiers' home. There were no homeless veterans then. The veterans who lived there mowed th
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines