Mr. Obama has now been elected to another term and we can be assured he will continue his agenda which includes;
n Supporting abortion rights and making it easier for women to kill babies that would be a burden or nuisance to them.
n Approval of same-sex marriages
n Making government welfare and give-away programs so general and broad that a lot of people have no ambition to work or help themselves and would rather rely on the government to take care of them. This minimizes resource for those actually needing help
More than half of Americans who voted can take credit for voting for Mr. Obama.
The thing that puzzles me is millions of the more than 50 percent who voted for him claim to be Christians — Catholics, Baptists, Church of Christ, Nazarene and also a large number of Jewish citizens.
This means these people either do not have a problem with these issues and assume their share of responsibility for the results of them, or they put moral principles aside when they voted for him.
I may have lost my vote, but my basic moral principles are still intact.
To sum this all up, I am afraid we are fast becoming a sick, socialistic society that instead of using our rights we find ways to abuse them.
Unless enough of us start to stand up and fight for the basic moral principles our country were founded on, we are headed for self-destruction.
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- U.S. leaders breaking the law U.S. leaders breaking the lawDear Editor:I am wondering how many Americans are going to care about the disregard for our system of government President Obama exercised when he released five terrorists back into freedom. These released terrorists were
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines