Mr. Obama has now been elected to another term and we can be assured he will continue his agenda which includes;
n Supporting abortion rights and making it easier for women to kill babies that would be a burden or nuisance to them.
n Approval of same-sex marriages
n Making government welfare and give-away programs so general and broad that a lot of people have no ambition to work or help themselves and would rather rely on the government to take care of them. This minimizes resource for those actually needing help
More than half of Americans who voted can take credit for voting for Mr. Obama.
The thing that puzzles me is millions of the more than 50 percent who voted for him claim to be Christians — Catholics, Baptists, Church of Christ, Nazarene and also a large number of Jewish citizens.
This means these people either do not have a problem with these issues and assume their share of responsibility for the results of them, or they put moral principles aside when they voted for him.
I may have lost my vote, but my basic moral principles are still intact.
To sum this all up, I am afraid we are fast becoming a sick, socialistic society that instead of using our rights we find ways to abuse them.
Unless enough of us start to stand up and fight for the basic moral principles our country were founded on, we are headed for self-destruction.
- Letters to the Editor
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines