I am pleased and proud to support Stephen McBride, candidate for Danville Township supervisor.
I feel confident he is the person for the supervisor’s position. He believes in small business. He believes in economical development.
He already has put his time and resources toward helping Laura Lee Fellowship House and the Elmwood Neighborhood Association. He also presently partners with the Danville YMCA, the Danville Boys and Girls Club and a few neighborhood associations.
Please do not ignore this Danville Township position.
Mr. McBride is a Danville High School graduate. He has further studied at the University of Illinois, Urbana. He also has a heart for youth programs. He is a true DHS Viking.
I’m voting for Stephen McBride Danville township supervisor. There’s no question he would appreciate your vote.
Rev. Roosevelt J. Davis
- Letters to the Editor
- Join a local veterans' group It was a great honor recently when Bernie Lewellyn, a member of American Post 210 for 50 years, asked for everyone's attention. There were about 125 eating their dinner. After he got it, he said, in his 50 years as a member he had not seen the comman
- Life spent helping others Life spent helping others Editor: For more than 50 years, on the first Sunday in March, they came from as far away as California, New York, Detroit, Dallas, the state of Florida and all throughout the Midwest to witness the glitz, glamour and fashion
- Wrong time for minimum wage hike Wrong time for minimum wage hike Supporters of raising minimum wage, despite good intentions, do not end up helping the ones who need it the most. An example would be a single mother of one child faces a marginal tax rate of 91 percent when her pay
Son does well at Liberty
Editor: My son, Nathaniel, attends school at Liberty Elementary School.
- Races charge too much Editor: Runners and walkers must beware this summer. Some 5K (3.1 mile) fundraising events will again be way overcharging. Most are put on for good causes, but it’s not a good cause to overcharge people for something they sweat for.
- Fight the proposed coal mine Fight the proposed coal mine Editor: In a single issue of St. Joseph's The Leader, dated March 5, one can find four events listed that testify to our love of the natural world: a bird walk, a lecture on freshwater mussels, a pre-K event at Homer Lake
- Searching for answers Searching for answers Editor: I'm certainly not saying the city's firefighters don't need or deserve an increase of funds, but I would like to better understand why. Why do they feel they need more personnel than the national average of 1.04 per 1000
- Advocate will be missed Editor: We at Community Blood Services of Illinois are saddened by the recent death of Patricia Black, a wonderful and dedicated employee who was known to a generation of local blood donors. Pat was a tireless advocate for the Danville Elks Blood Ban
- Social workers earn praise Editor: March was National Social Work month. The 2014 theme was "All People Matter." I personally want to say "thank you" to the social workers. I am a registered nurse and have worked in many different health care settings from acute hospital care
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines