Was thinking we sure need encouraging words to help us through this coming year of uncertainty and depressing days ahead.
Here are a few quotes that encouraged me as I read them:
Love keeps no record of wrongs …
Don’t let life be a candle; let it be a torch to burn brightly for the future generations.
A miracle cannot prove what is impossible; it is useful to confirm what is possible.
Where there is love, there are always miracles …
There are only two ways to live life; one is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle …
This one’s a keeper: They can conquer who believe they can!
We only pass through life once. I hope these sayings light a new path of encouragement to all. Do good every day!
Happy New Year.
Betty A. Myrick
- Letters to the Editor
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines