I have some serious concerns for some of my neighbors living in our smaller communities around Danville. My concerns are: Where do they get their information for forming the opinions presented in the Commercial-News?
We had 20 babies killed in Connecticut and Mr. Morgan of Covington, Ind., accused us “gun safety” advocates of taking advantage of the tragedy? How sad!
There have never been any laws to prevent gun owners from the right to own guns. We need regulation of weapons just as we do with automobiles. If you cannot see well, you must get corrective lenses to drive. You have to demonstrate you can drive and you are asked about your personal health. And finally, you are forced to get insurance and drive at speeds the state deems safe.
I say we must do the same with weapons.
Trying to conflate a man in China with a knife or people bombing other innocents or God in schools (you do know that there have been shootings in places of worship, right?) are examples of biases in favor of a wild, wild West scenario.
In that case, God save us all.
I am a retired educator of 35 years and weapons in schools is the worst idea ever presented.
Nate Cunningham Sr.
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Mark Ottarski of Danville sends hearts to some helpful people.“On a recent fishing trip to Lake Mingo with my wife and 5-year-old granddaughter, my boat became hung up on a sub
- We need an explanation Editor:In a prior letter I mistakenly said that in the last 30 years (correctly 20 years) health costs have grown only 0.8 percent, year over year, compared to 1.0 percent average since Obamacare became law: Obamacare effects are simply part of a lon
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines