America we have a dictionary for word meanings. It is my hope that a larger number of anti-Obama people get one and use it.
First, let me explain something. A blogger on the website Daily Kos explains it this way: “I didn’t cause this deficit. Old people who got sick didn’t cause this deficit. Hungry children whose homes were foreclosed on illegally didn’t cause this crisis. Your damned war profiteering did, tax cuts for the super rich did, corporate welfare did.” (The full text on this page uses profanity repeatedly.)
In addition, we have a significant number of people who believe our president is coming for their guns.
Nowhere, in no bill being considered has anyone’s right to own a weapon been threatened.
Yet, we still have people that trumpet this vicious lie.
My concern is how could people in a county that has an unemployment rate higher than the vast majority of our state fall for the ramblings of Rush Limbaugh, the tea party and the vast majority of Republicans?
This party has not won the majority of votes in any national election in some time.
Even in George Bush’s first election, the Supreme Court had to decide and recently some of the Supreme Court members wished they had not settled that matter in his favor.
Our democracy is strong and in the end the United States always makes the right decision.
Nate Cunningham Sr.
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines