America we have a dictionary for word meanings. It is my hope that a larger number of anti-Obama people get one and use it.
First, let me explain something. A blogger on the website Daily Kos explains it this way: “I didn’t cause this deficit. Old people who got sick didn’t cause this deficit. Hungry children whose homes were foreclosed on illegally didn’t cause this crisis. Your damned war profiteering did, tax cuts for the super rich did, corporate welfare did.” (The full text on this page uses profanity repeatedly.)
In addition, we have a significant number of people who believe our president is coming for their guns.
Nowhere, in no bill being considered has anyone’s right to own a weapon been threatened.
Yet, we still have people that trumpet this vicious lie.
My concern is how could people in a county that has an unemployment rate higher than the vast majority of our state fall for the ramblings of Rush Limbaugh, the tea party and the vast majority of Republicans?
This party has not won the majority of votes in any national election in some time.
Even in George Bush’s first election, the Supreme Court had to decide and recently some of the Supreme Court members wished they had not settled that matter in his favor.
Our democracy is strong and in the end the United States always makes the right decision.
Nate Cunningham Sr.
- Letters to the Editor
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines