Did you know the differences between Republicans and Democrats
Pro union; pro environment, pro public education, pro choice, pro working class, pro Social Security, pro United Nations, pro government, pro slow growth, pro Medicare, pro separation state/church and pro gay rights.
Also, anti-privatization, pro clean air, higher miles per gallon for vehicles, pro balanced budget, pro conservation, pro clean water, pro helping hand, anti-tax cuts for the rich, pro national health care, war as a last option, sensible gun laws and limited capital punishment.
And nurturing father, religious tolerance, pro worker rights, pro civil rights, believe global warming, govern by the Constitution, open communication, believe in “We the people,” trusted by the world, regulation of business, tell voters the truth, see Jesus as nurturing father, anti-voucher, pro stem-cell research and preserve Mother Earth.
Republicans are anti-union, anti-environment, anti-public education, anti-choice, pro rich, anti-Social Security, anti-United Nations, anti-government, pro developer, Anti-Medicare, pro theocracy and anti-gay rights.
Also, pro privatization, anti-clean air, anti-higher miles per gallon, anti balanced budget, anti-conservation, anti-clean water, anti-helping hand, pro tax cuts for rich, anti-national health care, war as a first option, no gun laws and love capital punishment.
And strict father, religious intolerance, pro business rights, anti-civil rights, doubt global warming, govern by the Bible, secret meetings, believe in “we the rich,” not trusted by the world, little — if any — regulation, use Orwellian language, see Jesus as strict father, pro voucher, anti-stem cell research and destroy Mother Earth.
I know where I stand.
- Letters to the Editor
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines