Did you know the differences between Republicans and Democrats
Pro union; pro environment, pro public education, pro choice, pro working class, pro Social Security, pro United Nations, pro government, pro slow growth, pro Medicare, pro separation state/church and pro gay rights.
Also, anti-privatization, pro clean air, higher miles per gallon for vehicles, pro balanced budget, pro conservation, pro clean water, pro helping hand, anti-tax cuts for the rich, pro national health care, war as a last option, sensible gun laws and limited capital punishment.
And nurturing father, religious tolerance, pro worker rights, pro civil rights, believe global warming, govern by the Constitution, open communication, believe in “We the people,” trusted by the world, regulation of business, tell voters the truth, see Jesus as nurturing father, anti-voucher, pro stem-cell research and preserve Mother Earth.
Republicans are anti-union, anti-environment, anti-public education, anti-choice, pro rich, anti-Social Security, anti-United Nations, anti-government, pro developer, Anti-Medicare, pro theocracy and anti-gay rights.
Also, pro privatization, anti-clean air, anti-higher miles per gallon, anti balanced budget, anti-conservation, anti-clean water, anti-helping hand, pro tax cuts for rich, anti-national health care, war as a first option, no gun laws and love capital punishment.
And strict father, religious intolerance, pro business rights, anti-civil rights, doubt global warming, govern by the Bible, secret meetings, believe in “we the rich,” not trusted by the world, little — if any — regulation, use Orwellian language, see Jesus as strict father, pro voucher, anti-stem cell research and destroy Mother Earth.
I know where I stand.
- Letters to the Editor
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines