Did you know the differences between Republicans and Democrats
Pro union; pro environment, pro public education, pro choice, pro working class, pro Social Security, pro United Nations, pro government, pro slow growth, pro Medicare, pro separation state/church and pro gay rights.
Also, anti-privatization, pro clean air, higher miles per gallon for vehicles, pro balanced budget, pro conservation, pro clean water, pro helping hand, anti-tax cuts for the rich, pro national health care, war as a last option, sensible gun laws and limited capital punishment.
And nurturing father, religious tolerance, pro worker rights, pro civil rights, believe global warming, govern by the Constitution, open communication, believe in “We the people,” trusted by the world, regulation of business, tell voters the truth, see Jesus as nurturing father, anti-voucher, pro stem-cell research and preserve Mother Earth.
Republicans are anti-union, anti-environment, anti-public education, anti-choice, pro rich, anti-Social Security, anti-United Nations, anti-government, pro developer, Anti-Medicare, pro theocracy and anti-gay rights.
Also, pro privatization, anti-clean air, anti-higher miles per gallon, anti balanced budget, anti-conservation, anti-clean water, anti-helping hand, pro tax cuts for rich, anti-national health care, war as a first option, no gun laws and love capital punishment.
And strict father, religious intolerance, pro business rights, anti-civil rights, doubt global warming, govern by the Bible, secret meetings, believe in “we the rich,” not trusted by the world, little — if any — regulation, use Orwellian language, see Jesus as strict father, pro voucher, anti-stem cell research and destroy Mother Earth.
I know where I stand.
- Letters to the Editor
- Life spent helping others Life spent helping others Editor: For more than 50 years, on the first Sunday in March, they came from as far away as California, New York, Detroit, Dallas, the state of Florida and all throughout the Midwest to witness the glitz, glamour and fashion
- Wrong time for minimum wage hike Wrong time for minimum wage hike Supporters of raising minimum wage, despite good intentions, do not end up helping the ones who need it the most. An example would be a single mother of one child faces a marginal tax rate of 91 percent when her pay
Son does well at Liberty
Editor: My son, Nathaniel, attends school at Liberty Elementary School.
- Races charge too much Editor: Runners and walkers must beware this summer. Some 5K (3.1 mile) fundraising events will again be way overcharging. Most are put on for good causes, but it’s not a good cause to overcharge people for something they sweat for.
- Fight the proposed coal mine Fight the proposed coal mine Editor: In a single issue of St. Joseph's The Leader, dated March 5, one can find four events listed that testify to our love of the natural world: a bird walk, a lecture on freshwater mussels, a pre-K event at Homer Lake
- Searching for answers Searching for answers Editor: I'm certainly not saying the city's firefighters don't need or deserve an increase of funds, but I would like to better understand why. Why do they feel they need more personnel than the national average of 1.04 per 1000
- Advocate will be missed Editor: We at Community Blood Services of Illinois are saddened by the recent death of Patricia Black, a wonderful and dedicated employee who was known to a generation of local blood donors. Pat was a tireless advocate for the Danville Elks Blood Ban
- Social workers earn praise Editor: March was National Social Work month. The 2014 theme was "All People Matter." I personally want to say "thank you" to the social workers. I am a registered nurse and have worked in many different health care settings from acute hospital care
- Neighborhood going downhill Editor: Home owners and the few good rentals of southeast Danville are concerned about Fair Oaks in their neighborhood. Well, wake up people. Unless you have been in a coma or frozen for the past five years or more, these kinds of people and many wor
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines