Even though the issues of today may not affect me because I’m an oldie, they will, however, affect my children, grandchildren and future generation. This is why I am compelled to speak up.
Another four years of Obama’s liberal thinking will put us so far in debt that we will never see another balanced budget.
I am a moderate who does not believe in spending $200 for tennis shoes or a need to buy every new electronic trinket that comes out yearly and put it on my credit card.
It is time we Americans need to wise up and put our money into educating our young, furnish housing and food. What more does one need?
Obama’s theory is to “rob from the rich,” and give it to China. We should have a say about how to spend money we’ve worked and saved for our retirement.
This time I choose Romney. He has a proven record how to manage money and to get our economy back on track.
L. J. Williams
- Letters to the Editor
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Beware of political speak Beware of political speakEditor:When a politician says that his or her policy is working, I want to know, “What is the policy?” and, “What is the cause and effect reasoning leading to a conclusion that the policy is working?” Of course, I never get a
- Don't raise minimum wage Don’t raise minimum wageEditor:I think the “powers that be” who set the minimum wage are literally “shooting themselves in the foot!”In the first place, a minimum wage for unskilled workers was never meant to support a family. It was meant to be a st
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines