ST. JOSEPH —
Concerning the coming state elections, some people seem to want to make this a complicated issue. It is really quite simple. If you don’t like being lied to about where the money would go for the 67 percent tax hike passed in the middle of the night by one vote, which was Sen. Mike Frerich’s bill — his one vote passed it and now he wants another several billion dollar tax hike — then vote Republican.
If you don’t like one man, House Speaker Michael Madigan, virtually being a self-imposed dictator, vote Republican. Republicans only need to take back six seats to get rid of Madigan.
If you don’t like the idea of Chicago inner-city parents reportedly being paid just to meet with their children’s teacher, vote Republican.
If you don’t like illegal aliens taking most of the union construction jobs, vote Republican.
If you don’t like everything political in this state being dictated by Chicago, vote Republican.
If you are tired of the corruption, graft and fraud, vote Republican. If you don’t like as many as 30,000 jobs a month (August 2011) leaving Illinois, vote Republican.
Whatever you do, get off of your couch, turn off the stupid ball game, turn off “American Idol” and “Dancing With the Stars,” register and go vote. It does not hurt.
The few minutes of time it takes will determine your children’s and grandchildren’s future. Thousands have died and been maimed so that you have the right to vote, so for God’s sake use it.
ST. JOSEPH —
- Letters to the Editor
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Beware of political speak Beware of political speakEditor:When a politician says that his or her policy is working, I want to know, “What is the policy?” and, “What is the cause and effect reasoning leading to a conclusion that the policy is working?” Of course, I never get a
- Don't raise minimum wage Don’t raise minimum wageEditor:I think the “powers that be” who set the minimum wage are literally “shooting themselves in the foot!”In the first place, a minimum wage for unskilled workers was never meant to support a family. It was meant to be a st
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines