ST. JOSEPH —
Concerning the coming state elections, some people seem to want to make this a complicated issue. It is really quite simple. If you don’t like being lied to about where the money would go for the 67 percent tax hike passed in the middle of the night by one vote, which was Sen. Mike Frerich’s bill — his one vote passed it and now he wants another several billion dollar tax hike — then vote Republican.
If you don’t like one man, House Speaker Michael Madigan, virtually being a self-imposed dictator, vote Republican. Republicans only need to take back six seats to get rid of Madigan.
If you don’t like the idea of Chicago inner-city parents reportedly being paid just to meet with their children’s teacher, vote Republican.
If you don’t like illegal aliens taking most of the union construction jobs, vote Republican.
If you don’t like everything political in this state being dictated by Chicago, vote Republican.
If you are tired of the corruption, graft and fraud, vote Republican. If you don’t like as many as 30,000 jobs a month (August 2011) leaving Illinois, vote Republican.
Whatever you do, get off of your couch, turn off the stupid ball game, turn off “American Idol” and “Dancing With the Stars,” register and go vote. It does not hurt.
The few minutes of time it takes will determine your children’s and grandchildren’s future. Thousands have died and been maimed so that you have the right to vote, so for God’s sake use it.
ST. JOSEPH —
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines