Sometimes faith is just an excuse to not have to deal with things. Maybe the Great Spirit is losing faith in us? What if droughts keep coming, storms blow them away, then there’s more? What if the forests keep burning, dust blows in and crops dry up? Is this possible? Why not?
What’s the plan if the shade tree dies, the power goes out and things get hotter? Who do we call if the signal quits? God? Maybe he had enough and wants us to fix it ourselves. Maybe it’s time we spend what little money is left on preserving His environment instead of destroying its inhabitants. When it becomes dangerous to exist outside and people start depending on bottled water, what is the back-up plan?
Technology takes more jobs, the newspaper, the mail, etc. When your freedom is simply bought and sold, where are you going to go? To heaven? What about grandchildren who are left behind? Where’s their back-up plan?
Why not employ young people to be environmental soldiers? Maybe it’s time we start irrigating, cleaning up, and protecting from environmental catastrophes instead of letting corporations profit off warfare in the name of freedom.
When eventually there’s not enough to go around, what is the back-up plan for “freedom to earn as much as you want?”
Perhaps, we must continue to move forward but leave no one behind.
- Letters to the Editor
- We need an explanation Editor:In a prior letter I mistakenly said that in the last 30 years (correctly 20 years) health costs have grown only 0.8 percent, year over year, compared to 1.0 percent average since Obamacare became law: Obamacare effects are simply part of a lon
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Beware of political speak Beware of political speakEditor:When a politician says that his or her policy is working, I want to know, “What is the policy?” and, “What is the cause and effect reasoning leading to a conclusion that the policy is working?” Of course, I never get a
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines