Sometimes faith is just an excuse to not have to deal with things. Maybe the Great Spirit is losing faith in us? What if droughts keep coming, storms blow them away, then there’s more? What if the forests keep burning, dust blows in and crops dry up? Is this possible? Why not?
What’s the plan if the shade tree dies, the power goes out and things get hotter? Who do we call if the signal quits? God? Maybe he had enough and wants us to fix it ourselves. Maybe it’s time we spend what little money is left on preserving His environment instead of destroying its inhabitants. When it becomes dangerous to exist outside and people start depending on bottled water, what is the back-up plan?
Technology takes more jobs, the newspaper, the mail, etc. When your freedom is simply bought and sold, where are you going to go? To heaven? What about grandchildren who are left behind? Where’s their back-up plan?
Why not employ young people to be environmental soldiers? Maybe it’s time we start irrigating, cleaning up, and protecting from environmental catastrophes instead of letting corporations profit off warfare in the name of freedom.
When eventually there’s not enough to go around, what is the back-up plan for “freedom to earn as much as you want?”
Perhaps, we must continue to move forward but leave no one behind.
- Letters to the Editor
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines