Hoopeston ready for Sweetcorn Festival
The 70th Annual National Sweetcorn Festival, scheduled for Thursday through Sept. 2, will host 44 Sweethearts this year, including one contestant from Puerto Rico.
- Women's group to raise funds in Hoopeston HOOPESTON -- Women Making a Difference, a non-profit organization in Hoopeston, is hosting its second annual vendor fair 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 26 at the Hoopeston Civic Center. Last year, the fair was in May, prior to Mother's Day. This year, the foc
Hoopeston Area school board OKs budget
Hoopeston Area school board members unanimously approved the tentative budget for 2014 and will conduct a public hearing at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 19 in the high school library.
Hoopeston decides against taking over property
Several residents attended the special council meeting Tuesday to voice opinions on the idea of raising the city's sales tax 0.5 percent to pay for infrastructure improvements and the proposal for the city to take possession of the Vermilion Iron Works property.
Hoopeston urged to take over buildings
HOOPESTON -- Douglas Toole, director of the Vermilion County Health Department, and Patrick Sloan, client director of Foth Infrastructure & Enviroment, LLC, updated city council members Tuesday on two sites identified as Brownfield sites. Toole said
- Nursing class offered in fall
- Hoopeston Area school registration begins
- Town-wide sale starts today
Conservation club to host fishing derby
The North Fork Conservation Club will conduct its annual Fishing Derby/Picnic from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Hoopeston Area schools receive state grant
Hoopeston Area school board members learned Thursday the district had received a grant of $49,000 from the state of Illinois to pay half the cost to replace water pipes under Maple Grade School.
- More Hoopeston Headlines
- Hoopeston ready for Sweetcorn Festival