Hoopeston council re-signs with Allied Waste
City council members voted unanimously Tuesday to remain with Allied Waste/Republic Services for trash pick-up.
- Route expansion starts Monday
- Jaycees outline changes for festival HOOPESTON -- Hoopeston Jaycees conducted a public forum last week for the National Sweetcorn Festival at Ira Owen Kreager American Legion Post 384 as an informational and brainstorming meeting. Input from the community in attendance was a large part
Hoopeston Area to renew agreement with Rossville-Alvin
The Tri-Party Deactivation Agreement for 2014-2015 between Rossville-Alvin, Bismarck-Henning and Hoopeston Area School Districts is in the renewal process.
Hoopeston adds carbon monoxide detectors to ordinance
City council members voted 6-1 Tuesday to include carbon monoxide detectors as well as smoke detectors within 15 feet of every room used for sleeping purposes.
- Open house aids hunger drive
- School bus hits cow near Hoopeston
Hoopeston council talks about economic development
City council members council learned Tuesday that Susan Chavarria, regional planning manager for the Champaign Regional Planning Commission, met with the Economic Development organization recently.
- Spay/neuter clinic set
Hoopeston increases contribution to beautification group
City council members voted unanimously Tuesday to raise the dues level with Keep Vermilion County Beautiful to $250. Prevously the dues were $100.
- More Hoopeston Headlines
- Hoopeston council re-signs with Allied Waste