From right, Bill Van Nortwick, a retired school teacher from Safety Harbor, Florida, his sons Bill Van Nortwick II, Steve Van Nortwick and Charles Trulock, a friend, stand for a photograph at Breaks Interstate Park in the mountains of Virginia where they stopped for breakfast the morning of the accident on June 3, 2011. Virdie Channing Compton, 30, of Council, Virginia, had just gotten his dose of methadone at a CRC clinic and was driving through Council in an unlicensed farm truck and veered into some oncoming motorcycles. He hit William Van Nortwick, who was traveling with two sons and a friend on their last day of vacation. William Van Nortwick died.
- AP Video
- Palin Reads Dr. Seuss at CPAC Palin Targets Female Voters in CPAC Speech Rand Paul Wins CPAC Presidential Straw Poll Julian Assange Appears at South by Southwest TV Show Features Women Who Escaped North Korea Vietnam Spots Oil Slicks in Hunt for Missing Jet Raw: Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With Plane Russians Rally to Absorb Crimea, Others Resist Ted Turner Hospitalized in Argentina Attempted Murder Charges for Mom in Ocean Drive Santorum: GOP Cant Surrender Conservatism to Win Paralyzed Dog Winning Hearts, Looking for Home US Employers Add 175K Jobs Despite Harsh Weather Huckabee: Obama Has Diminished American Might Lost Backpacker Survives Outback By Eating Flies Gov. Rick Perry Fires Up CPAC Crowd Aaron Paul Switches Gears in 'Need for Speed' Pistorius Trial: Ex-Girlfriend Describes Gunplay New Mexicans Want More Info. on Radiation Leak Fort Knox Gets First Woman Commanding General
- NDN Video
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Distracted driver turns in front of car on highway Mom Arrested For Attacking Child's Classmate TV Show Features Women Who Escaped North Korea Man Killed Trying To Rescue Pets From Overnight Fire Raw: Mom Accused of Driving Into Surf in Court Best Moments from 17 Seasons of 'The Bachelor' Finales Nike launches new 'Magista' soccer cleat Dunk of the Year? How to Make a Strong Password (and Actually Remember It) Lindsay Lohan Gets Soaked UCSB Fan Rushes Court, Angrily Confronts Hawaii Coach Dodge Vipers Ordered Crushed by Chrysler Miley Fires Back at Katy Perry Adorable Penguin Sweaters Save Birds Trapped in Oil Spills Swim Daily, Marisa Miller 2004 Thieves use forklift to steal money from ATM Truck on high-speed chase crashes into house Carmen Electra Covers FHM Highlights: (3) Arizona vs. Oregon State Obama Says Crimea Separation Would Violate Law
- Must Read
Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members
Sigma Alpha Epsilon, one of the largest U.S. fraternities and the deadliest, said Friday it will ban the initiation of recruits, citing the toll that hazing has taken on its newest members.
March 7, 2014
- VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
- VIDEO: Chrysler orders community college to crush rare Dodge Viper
- Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members