Delilah Goreth helps straighten Khloe Browner’s handmade graduation cap as fellow graduate Aidan Gruman looks on. Sixteen 4- and 5-year-olds took the first step toward entering kindergarten Friday morning when the Class of 2026 graduated preschool from Danville Area Community College’s Child Development Center. The excited preschoolers tried to stay in line before walking across the stage at the Bremer Theater and declaring what they wanted to be when they grew up. Some of the more popular occupations mentioned included policeman, construction worker and nurse, while other children aspired to be a zookeeper, lion trainer and dirt bike rider. Ana Nasser, director of the child development center, said the children made their own paper graduation caps and decorated their own shirts. “Most of the children have been with us since they were 15 months old,” she said. “It’s a generational thing. Their parents have come to college here and now their children come here.” Despite rehearsing the graduation ceremony with the youngsters for four days, Nasser said anything was possible when dealing with little ones. “We’ve practiced for four days, but we never know what will happen, so expect anything,” she told the parents and grandparents who gathered for the event. “When we practiced, it was good.”
- AP Video
- Ukraine's Crimea Seeks to Become Independent Carney: Feinstein, CIA in Regular Talks With WH Friend Gives Details of Pistorius' Gun Use Raw: Bank Robbery Chase Shuts Down Md. Highway Japan Slowly Rebuilding 3 Years After Disaster CIA Director Denies Senate Hacking Allegations Feinstein: CIA Spied on Senate Committee Health Care Law Gets Test in Florida Election Raw: Former Christie Aide Arrives at NJ Court Raw: Seavey Wins 2nd Iditarod in Bizarre Finish Man With Stolen Passport on Jet Is Asylum Seeker Suspect Sought After Woman's Finger Bit 'Veronica Mars' Gets Closure Senate Democrats Talk About Climate All Night Raw: Space Station Crew Back on Earth Low-wage Workers Struggle to Join Middle Class Millions Living With Artificial Hips and Knees Wallabies Run Amok in Aussie Town Snowden: 'Yes Absolutely' Would Leak Again Skydiver, Pilot Survive Midair Accident
- NDN Video
- President Obama Shows Off Comedy Chops Raw: Space Station Crew Back on Earth Hero bouncer tackles gunman in St. Paul bar Colorado’s 1st Month of Pot Tax Yields $2M WCC Men's Championship: Semifinals Wrap Late-Night Highlight: Andy Samberg Gets Hilarious Throwback Gift Miley Cyrus Has a Wardrobe Malfunction Snowden: 'Yes Absolutely' Would Leak Again Raw: Hungry Bear Goes Out on a Wire (Full Video) Walk at Work Funny PSAs Warn Colorado Residents: Drive High, Get a DUI RAW VIDEO: Climber rescued from the side of Shortoff Mountain Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Go On Multiple Dates CI Exclusive: Mike Krzyzewski On Leadership Dozens Of Students On The Mend Following Freak Stage Collapse 'eSports' making stars out of computer gamers Boy With Only Six Months To Live Celebrates Birthday Skydiver, Pilot Treated After Midair Accident Mom Arrested For Attacking Child's Classmate TV Show Features Women Who Escaped North Korea
- Must Read
VIDEO: NHL game postponed after player collapses
Monday's game between the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Dallas Stars was postponed after Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench shortly after completing a shift in the first period.
March 11, 2014 1 Photo
- VIDEO: Family rescued from ferocious feline
- In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
- VIDEO: NHL game postponed after player collapses